Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Stupid Things - Primal Quest

Lots of people think some of the “fun” things I do are actually kind of, well, stupid. (Sorry, the trip postings are slim this fall due to work/school) I just might get a chance to prove them right though.

I received an offer to train with and potentially join an adventure race team for Primal Quest 2006. For those of you not tapped into the adventure race world, PQ is THE expedition race of the world. It’s one of the most extreme, with world wide television coverage, and a $250,000 prize purse attracting the best teams in the world. I thought I would like to do something like this in the future, maybe, if I could ever get a team together. Just getting the option to register for one of the coveted spots require either being on a top qualifying world team, fishing high in the previously years race, or winning one of the lottery spots, some of which are reserved for international teams. Oh yeah, you probably want to make sure you’re in good enough shape to do a 800km race with an estimated finishing time of 5 – 10 days, sleep optional.

Why would I want to do this in 2006?
-The 2006 race is local. (Somewhere across Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Arizona and/or Nevada. You don’t find out until later) 2007 will be on a different continent.
-The guy who contacted me already has a slot, he just needs to put a team together.
-800km, 5-10 days

Why not?
-I’d have to start doing some serious training come January.
-$8000 registration fee per team= $2000 per person. (That does include lodging though)
-800km, 5-10 days
-I might not be capable of finishing it if I’m not in top shape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

soooo, what did you decide?

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home