Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Horsetail Falls

Took a day trip to see Horsetails Falls this past weekend. I had heard good things about it, and kept seeing it on a map, so I thought it would make a good day trip. It's still probably a 1 1/2 hour drive or so from Sacramento, but it still isn't as far as going all the way to Tahoe, and you get to miss out on the crowded driving section close to South Tahoe City. The hike was only a couple of miles up, but it was fun, with plenty of rocks to play on. The falls themselves were possibly one of the prettiest water falls I've seen, and this one picture really doesn't do it justice. Unfortunately, I hadn't charged my camera up after labor day weekend, so after taking one picture, the camera shut down. Oh well. I'll be going back again to hike all the way up, and see how far I can follow the river.


Since the trip wasn't that long, we took some time to hit up some of the forest roads in the National Forest along the way. This can be a lot of fun in a jeep. Along the way we discovered some good places to go camping potentially, although I'm not sure about all of the fire regulations in the area. I know the closer you get to more heavily used areas, the more restrictive they are with fire usage, and dispersed camping in general.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Beautiful!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home