Sunday, January 22, 2006

Europe the overview

Here’s the quick recap.

30 days, 5 countries
Although I originally intended on traveling by myself, by the time I met with my sister and other contacts, I ended up spending little time alone, probably a more fun option.

Germany – Heidleberg: 3 days (visiting Carrola)
Germany – Berlin 3 days
Holland – Amsterdam, surround cities: 3 days (with Sherry)
Belgium - Anterwerp 3 days (with Sherry)
Belgium - Bruge 3 days (with Sherry)
France – Grenoble on to Briancon: 3 Days (visiting Virginie)
France – Paris: 3 days
England – London: 2 Days (2 different days)
Scotland – Edinburgh, Braemar, Kirkcaldy: 3 Days (visiting Mhairi)


General observations:
The most fun I had was visiting friends and really getting a chance to experience the culture. You don’t get that doing the tourist stuff. Go traveling if you can!!!

I had expected the cultures to be slightly different, but mainly the same, and I was surprised. I had been thinking that the core cultural features would be fundamentally the same, but just implemented in different ways, but there were definite differences. It’s hard to explain, you’d have to see for yourself…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home